When hiring a cleaning service, one of the first things you should know is the difference between regular cleaning vs deep cleaning. A good house cleaning service can offer you a wide range of services. But when you’re given multiple options, it becomes harder to choose which one you need. Two of the most common cleaning services that are provided for you are regular cleaning and deep cleaning.
Keep reading to know more about the difference between regular cleaning vs deep cleaning.
Difference Between Regular Cleaning VS Deep Cleaning Explained
When you hire a house cleaning service for “regular cleaning”, it usually involves your usual weekly cleaning tasks. The main purpose of regular cleaning is to maintain a certain level of cleanliness around your house.
Generally, regular house cleanings will cost you less when compared to deep cleanings. However, since regular cleaning is more about the maintenance, it’s usually done based on a schedule. For instance, the cleaning service can come over to your house every two weeks or once a month, depending on your needs.
What’s Included in Regular Cleaning?
The tasks included between regular cleaning vs deep cleaning are almost identical.
Don’t misunderstand, just because it’s for maintenance, it doesn’t mean that the important tasks will be skipped over. When it comes to the difference between regular cleaning vs deep cleaning, both are comprehensive but the latter is more detailed and extreme.
Here are some of the common tasks included with regular cleaning:
- Floors are swept, cleaned, and mopped
- Carpets and rugs are vacuumed
- Surfaces (including fixtures and appliances) are wiped for dust
- Mirrors and windows wiped down
- Everything in the shower/bathroom is cleaned and disinfected
- Everything is the kitchen is cleaned including cooktops and appliances
- Remove and prevent bacteria growth (e.g. mold, mildew, etc.)
- Doors and window frames are cleaned
- Vents dusted
- Trash is taken out
- Beds are made
- Cobwebs removed
- Air freshened and deodorized
The main difference between your regular cleaning vs deep cleaning is the attention to detail. While regular cleaning is for your cleanliness upkeep, deep cleaning is a lot more extensive than your standard weekly clean.
Deep cleans involve a complete rubdown and giving attention to the often neglected and hard-to-reach spots. Anything inside your home that can be reached with a stool will be hand-wiped. Besides the in-depth approach, this type of cleaning also improves the overall sanitation and livability of your living space.
Most cleaning companies require a deep clean if you’re a first-time customer. Thereafter, you can set a schedule for regular cleanings.
Another noteworthy difference between regular cleaning vs deep cleaning is the price. Deep cleans are always more expensive than regular home cleaning and take longer as well.
When Do You Need to Deep Clean?
The tasks between regular cleaning vs deep cleaning are almost the same but with a more detailed approach. Here are the ideal situations when you need a deep clean:
- Most cleaning companies have a standard rule that your first-time clean should be a deep clean.
- When your house needs spring cleaning.
- If you’re planning to host an event or party, deep cleaning is a great way to prepare your space for your guests.
- If you’re moving out of an apartment, condo or rental, deep cleaning ensures that you’ll get your security deposit.
- If you’re planning to sell your old home, deep cleaning is a must for staging and making your property more attractive to potential buyers.
Regular Cleaning VS Deep Cleaning: Which is Right for You?
When it’s your first time, it’s always a good idea to schedule a deep clean. Right after, you can hire them to perform regular cleaning weekly, bi-weekly or monthly – it’s up to you.
To know more about the distinction between regular cleaning vs deep cleaning, feel free to make inquiries with the pros. phClean is a professional house cleaning service based in Ankeny, IA. They can offer you a wide range of cleaning services including regular and deep cleaning.